An impromptu presentation (took 15 minutes to prepare) I did for the remote attendee’s of Ansca Mobile‘s Corona Hackathon. I cover some Lua basics, tooling, OOP, Corona DisplayObjects, Physics (crappy job on collisions, lol sorry), and gotcha’s I’ve encountered. I also briefly go over some of the business & marketing aspects you should be aware of when building your game.
Supporting links below video; I’ll add more + annotations to the video itself when I get time.
- Corona Physics in 5 lines
- Corona API’s
- John Lindquist’s blog with videos on Lua OOP/inheritance via metatables
- OOP Inheritance via Closures (I like this way vs metatables)
- Collision Filter Chart (utter win here)
- Corona Debugger
- Plane Shooter Game I’m working on w/source code and assets
- Robotlegs for Corona/Lua