I’m speaking about Flex 2 this evening to the folks at FMUG.az, and it will also be broadcast & recorded via Breeze. I’ll be doing an overview of the technologies, and show some my favorite features through some code examples I’ve built. Specifically, I’ll be covering:
- What Flex 2 is & why you should care
- Flash Player 9 (formerly known as 8.5)
- ActionScript 3
- Flex Builder 2, the new IDE & plugin for Eclipse 3.1
- Flex Framework 2
- Briefly touch on Mystic, the ColdFusion 7.0.1 updater
- Briefly touch on Blaze, beta name for Flash 9
I have an immense amount of material to cover in 2 hours, so I welcome questions before (comment on this blog), during, and after the presentation. You should come away understanding what Flex 2 is, what technologies make up Flex 2, and how each part can benefit your Flash, Flex, server-side, and/or general Rich Internet Application work.
It starts at 6:30pm Arizona time, 9:30pm eastern time (GMT -5), and you can get the Breeze link from here.