Using a lot of ARP, a framework for Flash & Flex, in a couple Flash projects at work and my SWG Resource Viewer done in Flex. As such, I cleaned up the classes, and put into the ARP labs. Hopefully if enough people dig my command implementation, which is a modification on how the default ARP commands work, maybe it’ll get implemented into ARP 2.03!
- modified Commands to have a resultFunction; much like a Delegate, Commands can now call a function in a specific, pre-assigned scope when completed rather than some implied known function on viewRef.
- modified Controller to support runCommand. Instead of commands auto-executing in response to a dispatchEvent at system level, instead, you can runCommands, and pass optional arguments.
- added ValueObjects.as to register value objects
- added ApplicationTemplate.as class as an example for _root hacking
- added (back) ICommand.as to the core folder
runCommand(“CommandName”, scopeToCallback, resultFunctionCalledInScope, param1, paramN);
JXL ARP Mods – HTML or Subversion
Learn more about ARP, an ActionScript patterns based framework for Flash & Flex.