*** Updated @ 1:59pm EST 9/24/2003 ***
Here is the source code for the sample app I made. It simply uses the Flash Pro Accordion component with RSS XML parsed from various blog sites.
– how to use the new factory method createObject (used to use attachMovie)
– shows how to use the new callbacks for events (used to be setClick/setChangeHandler (“handlerName”, scopedObject))
– how to get around the security restrictions easily using PHP (10 lines of code)
– how to preload components & classes to allow your preloaders to work in frame 1
– I forward reference functions (I got enough shlack from Erik, no more please…)
– I don’t use the XMLConnector component; I couldn’t figure out how to send variables using it to PHP, so just used a LoadVar’s object to get the XML and then pass it to an XML object to parse it
– no loading bar; there are more events than one knows what to do with, so there is little excuse not showing a loading bar while the XML data is retreived form the websites
Hope this helps you learn, as I learned a lot by this small project.
BTW, I straight ganked this idea from Michael at <a href=”http://www.hollowcube.com”>Hollowcube.com</a>. He had one he built in MX very similiar, so that’s why I put his blog first!
Update: I have updated the PHP file based on comments from Bertrand Saint-Guillain and Darron Schall to be more secure (I think). Therefore, please know that the php file, both the last one and this one, are a security risk; use at your own discretion, or find a PHP guru who can make it safer.
Comment from Bertrand, “…in fact that (my latest change) should do the trick , but your php script can still be used as an anonymous gateway by anyone (which is not such a big issue, but someone could try to anonymously brute force an htaccess authentification through your script)”