Pimp! A Central App made for USA Today – USA Today Central. Featuers:
- Downloads and displays the latest news from USAT’s major sections
- Displays news and sports photo galleries
- Allows for “clipping” articles and galleries that you want to keep
- Loads each section’s RSS feed by default, but can be customized to pull in lots more data
- Get alerts when news contains keywords that you specify
- Get weather forecasts in a continuously-updating pod
- And of course it all works offline, perfect for in-flight reading
Nice way to read USA Today with quicker access to content than a web browser can and works offline. Also “feels” like more control merely because of the responsivness when I quickly change categories. There are still ads, and some USA Today branding so it seems a great compromise between getting a fatter client, but keeping true to the company’s brand and need for advertising. I think what I enjoy most is the ability to be alerted when keywords I enter come up in the news whether in an hour form now… or next week!
Go Josh Santangelo & Andreas Heim of Smashing Ideas!