Was having problems with a project, but couldn’t get the debug player to work. Whether I compiled with debugging enabled, included the SWD, nothing worked. However, works now. Here’s what I did:
– downloaded the <a href=”http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/”>Flash 7 Player uninstaller</a>
– ran it and uninstalled my Flash Player 7 players
– tested to make sure my player was uninstalled by going to <a href=”http://www.macromedia.com/”>macromedia.com</a> since they usually have a Flash movie on the front page
– went to my program files > Flash MX 2004 > Players > Debug folder
– ran the Install Flash Player 7 exe and manually pointed it to IE since it couldn’t find it on it’s own
– then, ran the Install Flash Player 7 ActiveX exe
– finally, copied the SAFlashPlayer.data, .exe, .rsrc and pasted over my originals in the Player’s directory so when I compile it’ll be the debug player.
Now, I can debug remotely again.