Mike Chambers asked about getting a movie clip to hear key events without adding to the Key object as a listener.
– download the <a href=”https://www.jessewarden.com/downloads/onKeyDown no listener.fla”>file</a>
– open in Flash
– Test your movie
– turn off Keyboard shortcuts via Control > Disable Keyboard Shortcuts
– hit the tab key until you see the focus rect (yellow circle) go around the circle
– press a key on the keyboard
– you should see a trace in the output window
…NONE of this requires you to move your mouse, so don’t use it.