Central App: Dino Translator

I love this game, Starfox Adventures for Nintendo’s Gamecube. It was $20 bucks at BestBuy, and I have wanted it for awhile as he (Fox) is my favorite character in Super Smash Brothers. So, when I find the game’s algorithm is the back of the instruction booklet, I get a ton of ideas on how to translate it. I settled for text, and it turned out to be more complicated than I thought. I’m not a string meister, and wet myself when I view the commands for Regular Expressions, so maybe that’s it. At any rate, my algorithm was kind of lame. Low and behold, on the <a href=”http://www.starfox.com/”>game’s official website</a>, although some parts were broken, courtesy of <a href=”http://www.buraks.com/asv/”>ASV</a> from <a href=”http://www.asvguy.com/”>ASVGuy</a>, I managed to get my hands on the true algorithm. There is still a problem with y’s as they do not exist in Dino language, and names are supposed to remain unchanged… but I got the majority of the algorithm right with some mods of my own. I didn’t quote the mofo in my code… because he didn’t comment himself! So, whoever you are that wrote the Flash stuff for the Starfox Advetures website, thanks, you rock!

As far as Central apps go, it’s pretty useless, and really for a young audience to play with for about 20 seconds. However, I learned a lot about Central (like taking 40 minutes just to get my icon to work come to find out you can have multiple icon tags in your product.xml file…), and finally got my Dino Translator idea I had been wanting to do for weeks now done. Yay!

I guess if you give a regular Flash programmer crack and tell him to create a Central app, something like this might surface. Never know!

<a href=”https://www.jessewarden.com/dino/”>Starfox Adventures Dino Translator</a>

Source Files