Recent Posts by JesterXL
StreamsStreams are merely Array's that emit change events through a callback when items are added to it. That's it. (more…)...
Promise and Deferred (or Futures and Completers)We've glossed over asynchronous coding up to this point. Many from languages which have reasonable event API's (ActionScript) to extremely nice ones (C#), it may not at first look like a problem, or even appear to be an edge case. Coming from ActionScript, it took me years to get comfortable, and understand why, Promises were helpful. Also, many in those languages either create,...
Publish SubscribeCallbacks help objects/classes talk to each other in a less coupled way. Events for many to listen and react. However, for objects that deal with data or business logic, you need a way for them to globally communicate through some sort of event or message bus. Various libraries have sprung up in languages that do not have this natively available, or if the native API doesn't fit the...
Recent Comments by JesterXL
- March 10, 2014 on Pathfinding
- October 22, 2013 on Some Notes To Consider on the Technical Difficulties with Healthcare.gov
- June 7, 2013 on P90X: 1 Year Later
- May 6, 2013 on One Game A Month – April Postmortem: Health Katas
- May 5, 2013 on One Game A Month – April Postmortem: Health Katas